Sunday, October 19, 2008

Dining Diva Review: Indian Food in San Jose, West Meets East In A Spicy Way!

I was in San Jose over the weekend and stumbled over Shagun Indian Cuisine Restaurant and it was delicious! They don't deliver on the weekends but since I told them I was starving, in a hotel and car-less, they were kind enough to bring me some food.
The food was piping hot and delicious when it arrived. I had my favorite, Butter Chicken and it was big chunks of Tandoori roasted chicken in a spicy cream sauce the color of a ripe pumpkin, spicy but not overly hot. It came with a generous helping of basmati rice and I had a side of Nan, the tasty roasted bread cooked in a clay oven and served with just about everything. It was also hot and fresh from the oven and carefully wrapped in foil to keep it warm and fresh. The Somosa I ordered was spicy beef inside a crisp wrapper that was deliciously spicy on the inside. The order was carefully wrapped and came with a spicy green chutney and other goodies from the kitchen of this spicy surprise tucked away by the airport in San Jose. I can't rate the service because it was delivered, but it was fresh, full of flavor and delivered by a delightfully cheerful young lady who was just as nice as she could be! I enjoyed the meal immensely and wish I could eat here more often, but as it's on the life tour I don't know when I will have another chance to eat at this restaurant; it's almost worth the price of a plane ticket! From the window table......
FOOD: 3 STARS
Delivery Service: 4 STARS

IF YOU GO
Shagun Indian Cuisine


50 Skyport Dr


San Jose, CA 95110


(408) 436-7959

No comments: